How to change the screensaver on your Roku streaming device
When your Roku streaming player is not in use, a screensaver is an application that fills the TV screen with moving images or patterns. Screensavers were developed to avoid phosphor burn-in on older televisions, but they are now mainly used for entertainment. One way to personalise your Roku experience is to alter the screensaver. Your Roku system comes with a variety of screensavers.
How to access the Screensaver menu on Roku device?
Once a screensaver is installed on your Roku device, you can change to that screensaver or define the wait time by accessing the Screensaver menu.
- Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
- Pick Settings by scrolling up or down.
- Open the Screensaver menu by choosing Screensaver.
- Use the steps below to change or alter the current screensaver and identify the new one once the Screensaver menu is open.
Change the screensaver
- Select Screensaver from the drop-down menu.
- Pick any screensaver from the list and choose Preview to see a preview of how it will look.
- You can change the highlighted screensaver by selecting Custom settings when additional settings are available. Tap Preview to see how any changes will appear.
- When you’ve gone through all of the options, highlight the screensaver name and save it with the OK button on your Roku remote.
How to Define Wait Time
- Choose the amount of time you want to wait.
- You can select how long your Roku system waits before starting the screensaver, or you can turn it off completely.
- To save, press the OK button on your Roku remote